All classes are recorded and downloadable for future viewing.
Topics of the weekly classes:
- Unusual Problems in Obstetrics
- Female Pelvis-anatomy and physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Prenatal Clinic visit
- Palpation, Blood pressure
- Rh negative blood type
- Fetal circulation
- Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- Cervix—effacement, dilation
- Confident nutrition counseling
- Gestational diabetes prevention, screening
- Anemia and blood work
- Water birth
- Genetics for midwives
- Perineum, preventing tears
- Newborn exam
- Placenta (cut and clamp cord, examining)
- Breech presentations
- Teaching childbirth education
- Assessing dilation without doing internal exams (a.k.a. the red line class)
Yara Victória Pereira
I'm still up at 4 a.m. for this class (Lisbon time) and it's so worth it! I'm keeping notes of everything, really precious information! Thanks, Gloria, I like your sense of humor too :)
Enjoyed classes. Couldn't always make it to the live class because of bedtime for the kids, but always enjoyed the recording afterward.
We need longer classes.. or just more!
What a great set up! I will definitely be taking more classes! It's a great way to gain knowledge from someone with hands on experience! Thank you very much for sharing with us!
I look forward to this class every week! I'm learning so much. Gloria's style of teaching is so easy to absorb. Thanks, Gloria.
Language of instruction: English